Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Letter #7, Representatives of Christ


Dear Everyone, 
Ok, look up Moses 6:61 and define what the record of Heaven is. Research it ponder it and then you'll know the importance of everything that happens in your life.
This week Hermano Hallsted gave a totally rad demonstration, where I was his companion and we didn't know what the crud he said, but the spirit was working through him. He's really helped me understand that people do absolutely nothing for the bettering of ourselves, in fact if man were teaching man, I'm positive it would be another apostacy (see also D&C 1:19 [totally mind blowing for me]).
Ok, getting personal....I was attacked...not like some sort of physical bombardment, but my thoughts were attacked by satan...hardcore. It was in the middle of a fireside while I was truly and in intently listening, and I all of the sudden could not keep focused on what was happening. I started praying and pleading for Heavenly Father to help me because I knew what I needed to be doing, but for whatever reason I was unable to do it. I kept pleading for a solid 6 or 7 minutes and the speaker said, "You are a representative of Christ." BOOM!!!!!! Instantly all negative thoughts were gone and I was greeted with the welcome feeling of the Holy Ghost. Why is this significant? BECAUSE WE ARE ALL REPRESENTATIVES OF CHRIST! If I understood this before I became a missionary, HOLY SMOKE! The things I would have done differently! When we're baptised we take the name of Jesus Christ upon us. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?!?!?! Because I didn't until I started having a better relationship with Christ. Every action, word, thought, you have, do, or think, should be to further the progress of the Church of Jesus Christ. Now...this does not mean you abandon who you are. I was sent to this earth to be Kendon Hatch, and right now I'm priveledged to be Elder Kendon Hatch. I will always be myself and you should to, but the lord gives us talents so that we can use them to better his work, use your talents, do not lock them away! Ok, I'm done ranting and raving. One more thing that consists of two things....that was confusing. First read the section about listening to the Holy ghost...I think it's chapter 10 in preach my gospel, changed the way I thought entirely. And second, I wrote something in my journal I want to share, "It's funny to think that we get lessons where people say we can do too much of one thing. Too much focus on the needs that you don't teach anything, too much focus on the lesson, not enough on their needs...etc. I am beginning to see more and more my need to rely solely on listening to the spirit and listening to what God would have me do, and do it." (Inspired by D&C 1:17-23?) We need to listen to what the spirit wants us to do and get out of the way! DO NOT STOP THE LORDS WORK BE PART OF IT (see also D&C 3:2-3)
Ok I'm ten minutes over. Thank you for reading, I hope this helps you. I testify that Christ lived, he was baptised to fulfill all righteousness, he suffered for us, he died for us, and was then resurrected for us and lives today. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love you all,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment