Thursday, August 15, 2013

Letter #47- Tender Mercies

July 15th, 2013
Hello Everyone,
 
This has been a good week. Working hard I've been spending a lot of time in meetings and with senior couples preping for this next transfer. We went and set up a couple apartments for incoming missionaries. I recieved a few little personal miracles this week. The first is that I had recieved a prompting to start singing in the mornings every day. So I would start out my day with a hymn. Well Sunday rolled around and I had been asked to play the piano for the branch, but I haven't played piano since I was 10 years old. I was a bit nervous because I didn't get anytime to practice either. I sat and attempted to play the piano during the first hymn. I messed up a little, but I wasn't too worried about it. But because I was playing I couldn't concentrate on singing. After sweating through the first Hymn, and just before the sacrament hymn I realized that I had absolutely no idea how to play the up coming song. So, I played the first note and started singing. And my voice came out clear and strong at 9 o'clock in the morning (tender mercy), which is unusual to have a clear voice in the mornings. But the Lord through inspiration had been preparing me for what was to come. And I have been recieving a lot of personal revelation lately that has been helping me with the work here in the Spanish branch. I love being a missionary. I love the fact that the Lord uses me to fulfill even as small a task as singing the music in sacrament meeting to help people keep on tune (because Hispanics for the most part can not sing). He is aware of each of us and I ask that each of you, if you don't already, keep track of your life with a journal and make sure you are noting those tender mercies the Lord gives us. I found myself feeling stuck in a coast because I had stopped recognizing those tender mercies and miracles. I know that as you do search for and recognize those small daily miracles you will feel a closeness to the Lord and always continue growing. I love you all.
 
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment