Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Letter from 1st Day at MTC



Dear Family,                          (dated 08/08/2012 - arrival at MTC)

It has been an awesome first day here at the MTC.  Over the course of the day I have learned that I know absolutely nothing about being a missionary.  Today has been very humbling for me.  As I sat in a role playing scenario, I could not think of anything whatsoever to say.  I felt so inadequate, but I know the ability to teach will come as I learn to care for people more.

Something I found to be of comfort was summed up by Elder Holland, "Why is missionary work hard? Because it was hard for Christ. This is the work of salvation!"  That wasn't the only thing that brought comfort to me.  "Teach with your heart and the spirit." and "We have been set apart just like the apostles of old."  It's just been a crazy learning experience.

My companions name is Elder Judd.  He's a cool kid.  Fresh out of high school, he turns 19 next month. He played saxaphone in band, and didn't do much else from what I know about it.  He's really socially good in comparison to some of the other elders.

One request.  I forgot to get an SD card for my camera.  If you could send me one that would rock.  I love you guys. I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve and give my all to the Lord and His other children.  I have lives I need to bring the spirit to.

I hope everything is going well for you.  Everyone write me or email me back.  We get to use our email monday, so I'll hopefully be able to hear from you soon.  I love this gospel and I love the Lord and Heavenly Father.  Something I learned (sorry, I keep remembering things) God is the head of Christ church that is ran by the members who have the ability to bring a teacher (aka- the spirit) to others and invite them to Christ.  Look up in Preach My Gospel, My Purpose, the purpose of missionaries.  IT'S AMAZING.

Love you all,

Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment