Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Write In Your Journals....


Querido mis familias,                       (dated 08/13/2012)
I'm so short on time! I might write a letter later this week if I don't get everything done I need to. I have learned more in 5 days at the MTC than I ever did taking any language class or institute or seminary combined. The atmosphere is just so intense all the time. My district and I made up a game called shoemarker that is kinda like horse shoes, but with white board markers and the wall.
A few things I NEED to testify about before I move on to addressing everyone individually. The first came from President Wilford Woodruff in the movie The Mountain of the Lord, WATCH THIS MOVIE! "As soon as I was baptized, I promised to never lay my head upon my pillow without having recorded the days work." WRITE IN YOUR JOURNALS DAILY! I have started doing this and already each night the spirit testifies things to me that I might not have thought of earlier that day. Second, Brigham Young was a prophet of God that lived and loved the work of the Lord and the saints that he served. Third, Utah was commonly thought of being named after the Ute indians that inhabitted? the area, but Utah actually means top of the mountains. Like most temples, this state is meant to be a light unto the world and give light unto all that are in the world (Matthew 5:14-16). Most important thing that I've learned, I am a servant of God and I bear the same title (Elder) that the Prophet Thomas S. Monson bears, and the quorum of the twelve, and the 70's and all the other missionaries hold. I am a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him in this dispensation.
You will do amazing, remember to be awesome examples to others because as part of el evangelio de Jesucristo, esta muy importante to care for others.
I love you soooooo much,
Elder Kendon Bly Hatch



Kendon's awesome friends, Sam and Emily, picked him up at the airport and saw him off at the MTC.

Elder Hatch (he is glowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment