Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Letter #44- ONE TRUE GOSPEL

July 1st, 2013
Dear Everyone,
I've been way busy trying to do exchanges with all the Spanish missionaries, but it has been a blast! So far I've been able to go to 4 different areas and talk to people that are way cool! One exchange this lady we were teaching was talking away, not really staying on task but repassing things she had said. So in the middle of the lesson I looked at her stood up and put my hand up, asked her if she would read the Book of Mormon saying "It's either true or it's not true. You can decide. So will you read the Book of Mormon?" She started speaking a million miles an hour and not giving an direct answer. I laughed, put my hand up and said with a huge smile, "Sister, we are here bringing you a message that will change your life for forever...Will you read the Book of Mormon, Yes or No?" She looked at me stunned at what I had just said and then with a smile said "Yes, Brother, I will read it." Then I turned to the missionary that had only been out for about 3 weeks and said, "Elder, invite her to be baptized when she knows that the Book of Mormon is true." And sat down. It was way cool! I had never done anything like that before, but I felt inspired to do it. And blessings always come when you follow the Spirit.
What has been amazing to see is how much the Lord is quickening the work and the majority of it through the Book of Mormon. There were three different times this week where Elder Taylor and I were out of town on exchanges and we received calls from missionaries saying, "Hey we have a Hispanic family who has been reading the Book of Mormon and they want to know more. Will you come teach them in Spanish." This is our unique message. The Book of Mormon, brought forth by the direction of God. It is the word of God, and it does bring forth the fullness of the gospel in these days. As you read in the Book of Mormon I testify you will feel a closeness with our Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ that you have never felt before. The Book of Mormon is the sword I yield in this day proclaiming the gospel to those who want to know the truth. I have been born of goodly parents, as they say, to bring this ONE TRUE GOSPEL to all the world. I will no matter the circumstance stand by it's truths that it teaches and the standards that it sets. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the same church Christ established when He was here on the Earth, and contains that same authority that Christ used to baptize many as it is stated in the fourth chapter and first verse of John. The same authority that He used to ordain His twelve Apostles. And this church will stay here until Christ comes again. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment