Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter #50- "BIG LIFT TEAM"

August 5th, 2013
Dear Everyone,
I'm heading out of town a lot lately. I'm now working with several other missionaries called the "Big Lift Team." We travel around going on exchanges with the whole mission and then we report back to President how everyone is doing. It's been soooooo much fun, but exhausting.
 
Lately I have been making use of my time in my own area by doing a lot of finding. We have been discerning as quickly as we can to tell if someone is going to follow through with commitments. And we have a goal of extending baptism dates in every lesson we teach. This has really helped weed out people that we might have spent more time on. Elder Noyes and I are doing a purification now. And I have really felt as of lately that God is going to keep all of His promises to me. As I have gone about knocking doors when I didn't feel like it and knocking 5 more houses instead of going to visit members or less actives, I have really felt my confidence boost. I know that my confidence is really waxing strong as it says it will in the scriptures because I know that my Heavenly Father will bless me for exercising my diligence. I thought that it might be the other way around, but the spirit that I have felt with me as of lately has trumped all means of possible discouragement. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
Love you,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment