Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter #63- Christ is our Savior

10-28-2013
So as many of you know my assignment has been changed. I am now working in the Dutch Fork Ward in Irmo, SC; and Ft. Jackson Military Base in Columbia. I am now assigned to English speakers, except the few Spanish speakers that I meet at Ft. Jackson. I love this new assignment I have!

A brief overview of the people that I'm teaching and have gotten to know. There is a family named the Collins. The husband grew up in the church and left it when he was 12, the wife had heard a ton about the church her grandfather was a member, and they are legit. We taught the first lesson and the wife was so frustrated with herself, to the point of tears, because she didn't feel that it was true yet. I then just comforted her told her it might take a little time and that she can know it's true through the spirit soon enough, by reading the B.O.M. and coming to church. She didn't want to set a baptismal date, but she has fantastic desires to learn and research more. I am excited for her conversion! She is really going to be a solid member!

Also we met a family right next door that is going through some marital problems and we just testified of how Christ mends all things and the guy said call me next time you are in the area and gave us his number and said thank you and was just super humble. He wasn't able to meet with us that night due to craziness going on. But it was amazing to see how humble he was, and kind. I don't have much time but I didn't want to leave you all hanging this week. Just one more thing I really thought intensely about this last week in church.

We had a lesson on the life of Jesus Christ. As everyone else was talking, about 12 people, I was thinking; If we combined every experience that the people in this room had throughout there life. No human could deal with it by themselves, and Christ still experienced more. Then I thought about if we took everyone in the Stake in West Columbia, and Christ still experienced more. Then the people in the world, Christ still experienced more, and then all the people in the world throughout the existence of time and if you leave out one person from that, Christ still experienced more. His sacrifice literally covers ALL! And I know that! Christ is our Savior and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to know and learn more about him each day in my life. I love you all.


Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment