Thursday, July 17, 2014

Letter #91- I love being a part of Christ's Church

July 7, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This week has been great! The Lord is really showing us some amazing miracles! This week we had a baptism for Artemio Gutierrez. He had been living with his girlfriend, he knelt down to say a prayer. Finished it, all in Spanish (His girlfriend only understands and speaks English), and then his girlfriend came marching in and grabbed all her stuff and left! We asked if he was ok with it all and he said, "Absolutely! When can I get baptized now!?" He is amazing! Going to be a great rendition to the branch. After that we found out that a young man that has been coming to church for a while now is not a member so we are looking to baptize him shortly as well as another young lady named Miriam and we found an elect family that wants to get married and baptized on August 2nd! The Lord is setting the people in line to be baptized! It's amazing to see!

I love being part of Christ's church! I cannot tell you how much I love being a missionary! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I can barely talk about him without getting emotional because of how much my life has changed because of him. The atonement is applicable for EVERY individual, and we have the knowledge and capability to bring it to them.

As I was pondering during sacrament meeting this last week I was looking at a picture of Jesus Christ showing the apostles the pile of fish that they had dragged in after he called them back in off the water. For a split second, my mind flipped a switch and I started to think about how I was doing in my "fishing" (missionary efforts). And a scripture flowed through my head about the apostacy,

Amos 8:11-12
11 ¶Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God,that I will send a famine in the land, not afamine‍ of bread, nor a thirst‍ for water, but ofhearing the words‍ of the Lord:
 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, andfrom the north even to the east, they shall run‍ toand fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shallnot find it.

These people that you and I see everyday, they have this hunger, they want to partake of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I will be 100% honest with you, I would rather go days without enough any fish to eat or catch, than to not give the people I love an opportunity to share the gospel! I love my brother. I am forever grateful for the grace that I receive from him EVERYDAY. My life would be impossible with out him. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Love you,
Elder Hatch

This is a picture of me, Elder Rangel (The Hispanic), Elder Holley (The small blonde one), and Elder Wery, who is from Poway and knows Chance and Tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment