Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Letter #13 "... Always listen to the spirit."

November 12, 2012

Ok, I'm keeping this one short due to the fact we are at a members house and using their computer because the library is closed. 1st sorry I didn't send the pictures we haven't gone to the post office yet. Should I send that in a regular letter or a bubble padded one. No idea. I'll send it bubble lettered. We have some way cool pictures and some videos of me rapping missionary style to send in some time too. 


Well anyway. Quick story.

We had set up about 7 different member present lessons this last week and all of the appointments fell through except two....It was crazy disappointing so Elder Zurita and I dropped all of our current investigators and started a fast and that fast just ended about an hour ago, so we'll see how it goes. 

Now a long and way awesome story.
We have been trying to get a hold of a lady who is less active for about a month now. Since I got here basically and we had no luck what so ever. So three nights ago...Friday the 9th I think...we were pulling up to another less actives house for a stop in visit. As we pulled in I said to Elder Zurita, "I feel like we don't really get anywhere with Jesus, I think we should try to find something else to do right now."
He said, "I was just thinking the same thing." So he grabbed the phone and started to make our calls that we had on our to do list. It was about 6 at night and we had Hermana Santana on our planner for tomorrow. So we called her. 
She answered and we talked for a little bit. She said she was feeling a little sad right then and that she was depressed. So Elder Zurita said we could give her a blessing tomorrow when we came by. All the sudden she started sobbing uncontrollably. We waited for a bit and she said, "Ok, Bye" and hung up.
We called her back in about 10 minutes and asked her why she was crying and asked what was going on. She said that she was so depressed to the point where she had decided she had no more desire to live and that she was going to kill herself that night. Right after she decided that, we called her. She took it as a sign of God telling her not to do it. Had a short lesson over the phone with her. Read in the Book of Mormon. Bore solid testimony about her being needed here on earth and being of great worth. And then said goodnight.

Went to her place on Saturday with a senor couple from our mission. The Benedicts, they are way rad. And during the lesson the spirit directed me to ask 2 questions and when I went to ask a third, that wasn't directed by the spirit and solely because I was curious, my words were choked back. No way could I have spoke. It was crazy! Then the Benedicts basically attacked her depression with the spirit and love! It was sooooo cool to see happen. She then came to church the next day and then to the Spanish group activity where she laughed and smiled and had so much fun. It was hard not to smile when we saw her having a good time and the change that simply 2 days and an opportunity to partake of the sacrament can change someones countenance entirely. If you or someone you know is having a hard time have them read this story and take them to church or something. Love them and always listen to the spirit.

Well, I'm bouncing out of here.
Love you all,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment