Sunday, January 13, 2013

Letter #21- Changes


January 7, 2013
Dear Everyone!
 
Hello hello, and happy new year! Things going on down here in the Goose. My new companion is Elder Grayson and he's from Colorado. 20 years old. 6'2, a little interesting, but a good guy overall. I am learning a lot. I've learned how to magically understand Spanish all the sudden as well as understand most of what someone says in Portugese. I've been trying to learn both because we have 3 progressing Brazillian investigators and no Spanish right now. So we working a lot in Portugese. We have 2 members who spoke Portugese about 15 years ago and other than that.....not really much more help. The Spanish group down here is on fire! They are bringing back old members to the fold and working really hard for us to be able to have success. We have one investigator that speaks English other than that all day we are working in Spanish or Portugese. I taught the lesson in Elder's quorum this last week and it was a success over all I'd say. It was on building a testimony.
 
Other than that little bit, I've been adjusting to having a new companion. Elder Zurita and I had things figured out and learned how to work with each other finally and boom....new companion. But it's cool, because I can really feel the Lord stretching me. He's been helping me do things that I never thought possible. And now I talk to everyone! And I don't know if they feel wierd, but I know that I sure don't. But I've never really been wierded out by much. I'm finding the more time I spend with these people I really and literally don't want to go any where else, but I know that I can't just work one area my whole mission. There's other things for me to do else where. We got English sisters in here now. The Elders are moved out, so it's just Elder Grayson and I living together now. Before I was in a 4 pack and now it's abit wierd when we come home and it's way quite. Benefits are that everything is clean though. I don't have to worry about the dishes and I can just relax and take it easy, when we get home. I don't know what else to tell you. Keep praying for me and I'll keep praying for you. That's not a conditional statement. I'm greatful for my time to serve.
 
Love you all,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment