Thursday, January 24, 2013

Letter #22- "I Need Thee Every Hour"


January 21, 2013

Dear Everyone,
Hello! I have been having a way good week this last week. Ups and downs all week. I studied a talk called the 4th missionary and that changed my life! Holy smoke! Look it up! It doesn't just apply to being a missionary. This week we had a really good lesson with a part member family. The two little kids that Elder Zurita and I were blessed to baptize last month had an older brother named Makai who didn't get baptized because he was unsure. So we broke things down for him. Went to the baptismal interview during the lesson and found out where he was having problems. It stemmed from Joseph Smith being a prophet. So we went over parts of the restoration again and talked about how he expected to recieve an answer. He said i don't know. I told him to look for it, it might be small, and it might be huge but be ready for both and pay attention to your feelings and thoughts after you ask. So then we set up a return appointment for Saturday. We sat down with him and talked for a bit, he's 13 home schooled so we talked about him taking over the world and how we we get to run two of the countries after he does it....Not sure why I put that in there, but anyway we asked him how he felt about Joseph Smith, if he got an answer or not. He looked at us and said I felt something warm when I prayed about it, I don't know what that is. We then indicated that that was the holy ghost and that he recieved an answer and then he said, "ya, you're right and I've been really bummed." We asked why? He said that he knew he needed to be baptized before, and that he made the wrong decision. So he is getting baptized this coming saturday and then Jorge is just golden as gold can be. He went out and bought himself clothes to go to church in and asked us to send him something to study each day. He'll be getting baptized two Saturdays from now. Things are just going super duper well.
Small personal experience really quick I have been concentrating on doing the things the savior would do every day. So I was sitting in Sacrament meeting this week in between my companion and some investigators and the whole sacrament was super good, really good talks and really missionary oriented talks. The closing hymn was "I need thee every hour" I got through the first verse and was fine, when I got to the second verse the words started to play back to me in my mind. I couldn't sing anymore, I quickly wiped away tears as the song ended and hoped no one would see me. The words pounded into my heart. Not only do I need the Lord every minute of the day, he needs me too. He wants me to come closer to him. That song was a cry of love for me from my Heavenly Father and I know he needs each of you as well as me in his Kingdom. As I've observed peoples agency I've started to understand more my need to choose better over good. I got to run every one!
I Love you all,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment