Monday, April 15, 2013

Letter #25- READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!

02/11/2013

Dear Everyone,

Ok, the people in the photos  from last week are... firstly the two cars are specifically for Josh, I figured he'd enjoy that. The first car is literally about 3 and a half to 4 feet off the ground, without hydraulics .. that's how high it always rides. The first group photo is from left to right: Elder Grayson, Me, Brother Fankhauser (Young Men's President in the Ward), Makai (13), Ezavier (10), Aniyah (8), and Sister Macy Johnson. They are one of the recent coverts in our ward that the Lord let Elder Zurita and I baptize, minus Makai who later got baptized with Elder Grayson and I. 

It is raining like crazy today! Woo hoo!! Elder Grayson and I have had a fantastic time this week. We were not able to teach that family I told you about last week that the Spanish sister found due to the Mother's dislike of us. But the Dad came to church, loved it, participated in Sunday School and volunteered to say the closing prayer! WHAT!@ We'll be working with him hopefully this week. We have a baptism this coming week for a boy named Ricky. We walked into their house the first time and it was a crazy weird experience. 

His mom is a less active member that is now active again. She wanted us to teach Ricky. So we went over there and sat down, basically he didn't want to and she tried forcing him, the spirit was way gone and I said, "We won't be teaching right now." She said, "Yes, you are, your are teaching me and my daughter," and I said, "No, we will not," and we left. Then he came to church. We had a heart to heart during sacrament, just Ricky and I and then I got up and bore my testimony. He changed 360 right after that and he was aking us if he could help with anything, his mom is saying he's changed at home and she has been trying to as well. So he's getting baptized this coming week. 

Then we found an AMAZING little family with a woman named Aracely, 3 daughters Natalie, Genesis, and Jocelyn, and her son Victor! Beautiful Family! We are working with them and I'll have more on them in the future. They came to church this last week also and loved it. The daughters really liked it and the son did too, though I don't know how much he understood. Very sincere and honest family! I'm way excited to work with them. 
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!

Well I love you all!
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment