Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Letter #27- I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY, I LOVE BEING A REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS CHRIST

2/25/2013


Dear Everyone,

It has been raining here a lot lately. It's supposed to rain everyday this week I think. It rained most of last week as well. We spent a lot of time on our bikes this last week too because we are almost out of miles. As I have been thinking what I should write about this week, I've had a hard time knowing... I have been seeing people reject the gospel a lot lately. Over something small also. And all I have to say about that is if any of you do the same I'll have no hesitancy in making it known to you what you are doing is wrong. 

As I have been going about working, I've really been trying to focus on what people can become, seeing each of the men we teach as priesthood holders, each of the women as faithful visiting teachers. Doing so has helped me to be able to bear strong testimony. Yesterday, we were out knocking on doors, because we had nothing set up yesterday and it was Stake Conference, which really messed up our investigators coming to church. But we met a man named Luis who we started teaching, as he sat there his three daughters started emptying the contents of their moms purse and playing with their toys VERY loudly. As I tried to listen to what he said I pictured him in a white shirt and tie, sitting in church building preparing to pass the sacrament. He said, "It's not important which church you go to, you just need God in your heart." I instantly looked at him and said, "There is no way a person can enter the kingdom of God without having been baptized by the priesthood authority. And I know that to be true, and that is what we teach people as missionaries. Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to come and live with him again." He looked at me and smiled and then we went on to bear testimony to him for about 4 minutes. We finished and then listened for a response. He said, "I like your perspective." We then left him with a prayer and a pamphlet.

Truth be told, he wasn't interested. Be in that moment of me bearing my testimony, I could feel a love for that man, I could feel my Heavenly Fathers love for him. I know that as we strive to do the will of our Heavenly Father and we do it boldly, our Heavenly Father will not just change the hearts of others, but of your won. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY, I LOVE BEING A REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS CHRIST, and I know that you all can feel the same way that I do, put it to the test. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN. 

Love,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment