Monday, April 15, 2013

Letter #26- SHAKE THINGS UP!

02/18/2013

Dear Everyone,

This news of all of your progression this week has lifted my spirits and helped me feel the spirit so powerfully. This last week has been a struggle for me, but I am persevering. I firstly want to express my happiness for having heard that Carmen and Brice got baptized! OH MAN AM I PUMPED ABOUT THAT! Also, Coach Jason Ward.... I can't tell you how happy I am that you are continuing to make these covenants with our Heavenly Father. I fell like Alma and Ammon and the rest of the sons of Mosiah when they met each other in the wilderness after not seeing each other for forever  but they were just super happy about the fact that everyone has "waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth" (Alma 17:2)

I have a nifty spiritual experience to tell you guys. Just a self examination of my life that I had a realization about. This week we haven't been able to enter anyone's house and teach them, why? No idea.... at least I didn't know why. I was thinking about the actions I have taken this last week. I didn't make my bed one day this last week and it was literally one of the worst days of the week. Then I thought about the use of time during the day. I realized something; I hadn't been being as obedient as I had in the past. I had allowed myself to get comfortable, to set myself in a rut and just cruise. After talking with one of the fellow missionaries about it, he said, "shake things up!" So that's what my challenge is for you all. Shake things up, try things you haven't done before. move furniture around. Do fun things you wouldn't normally do for family home evening! Strengthen your faith in the Lord by reading the scriptures with your spouse or significant other rather than taking a date night.

I am loving the many gifts the Lord has given me! I am loving the ups and especially the downs, because the Lord helps me learn so much more through those downs. SHAKE THINGS UP!

I Love you guys,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment