Thursday, June 5, 2014

Letter #85- "I have felt the spirit literally carry me..."

May 27, 2014

Dear Everyone,
It has been an amazing week here in South Carolina! Some outstanding miracles have been happening here in Greenville. I have felt the spirit literally carry me as we went throughout the week, from door to door. And this Sunday the Lord blessed us with an inexplicable miracle. There is a family that we have been seeing and we have been teaching them on a semi regular basis. The wife, Mayra, is just a very bubbly and fun person to talk to and the husband, is super shy doesn't hardly talk. Elder Rangel and I had some very powerful lessons with them the last 3 weeks that we have known them. When we went by on Friday evening we read with her in the Book of Mormon because she hadn't been reading. As we finished up, her husband, Francisco, and two policeman turned the corner. We went up and started to translate for them; turned out he had been driving drunk and had nearly hit someone. Francisco tried to close the door on us, but she yelled at him and said, "I AM TALKING WITH THEM! GO TO YOUR BED!" (She sounds abusive, but she loves this man a ton and they make a fantastic couple) After Francisco left we said a prayer with Mayra and left. We came back two days later and she throws the door open and asks, "Did you talk to the police at all before my husband came with them?" I hadn't, and told her so, she then said, "The Lord sent an angel then." She related us a story about how, when he had arrived at the apartment complex, Francisco, had said that I had walked up, dressed in missionary attire, and told the police that I knew him, and where he lived, and asked them not to take him to jail. They said ok and then took him to his house instead (I know I'm super persuasive like that[Just a reminder that wasn't me]). While this was happening Elder Rangel and I were with Mayra, reading the Book of Mormon. He was drunk, but he promises that he wasn't drunk enough to not remember a face, he promised us that it was me...... But that means I would have been by myself, which didn't happen, and in two spots at the same time, which also didn't happen. Why the police didn't take him to jail? It really is a miracle and a witness of the true gospel. They then said a prayer with us and asked for understanding of the Book of Mormon and if they needed to be baptized! (We had already invited them twice in our visits with them). It was just amazing to see that the Lord knows how to help each of his children and give them the promptings to help them act.

We are also seeing another man named Temo! Who is amazing! He has come to church and he has been asking us to come over and visit him whenever we have spare time, he's been reading in the scriptures and he is way excited about being baptized here pretty soon!

Gotta run!
Love ya,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment