Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Letter #88- "I'm trying to be like Jesus"

June 16, 2014

Dear everyone,
I'm sorry I don't have much to say today! I have felt super duper blessed this last week! I started to read a lot about virtue this week and really study up on it! As I have done so, I have noticed my desires to share the gospel just amplify amazingly! It was one of the best feelings I've had. I know that as we focus on living the gospel the best that we can, and we strive to be like the Savior, the Lord will provide for us a means by which our temporal as well as our spiritual desires will be increased. I know that this is Christ church and he directs it today! And from the words of a primary hymn, "I'm trying to be like Jesus...." I say that if I were to rewrite that song, I would put the word "striving" in the place fo the word trying. The mission has ruined me of that word. But striving is more of an exerted effort on ones part to accomplish something, so to you all I say "I'm [striving] to be like Jesus." I am grateful for my Savior I love him and I love my Heavenly Father.
Love ya,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment