Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Letter #29- It's a small world after all


Hello Everyone,                                                                                                           03/11/2013

As I've been here in South Carolina I met a young family from Arizona. I talked to them and they said they were from Joseph City. So we chatted about people we knew together back home. I went this week and talked with the Lee's again and Sister Lee's maiden name is Spurlock and her mother was a Fish. She came up to me Sunday and asked if my dad was Bly, so ya. I found somebody who knows my family even over here in South Carolina. CRAZY!

This week has been really crazy. We have been working really hard on finding new people to teach and we have been putting to use the things that we learned from Elder Marcus B. Nash when he came to see us a few weeks ago. His wife is also a Hatch and knows many of the Hatch's in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. Crazy again! Elder Grayson and I have been working with Carlos and his family. I don't remember how much I talked about them this last week. But we passed by there house this last week at the scheduled appointment time and they were not home....We were so bummed! We decided to wait around in the area and see if they showed up so we went and taught at another home. When we came back out they weren't home. So we decided to check back the next day. We came back and the note we had left was still there....So we assumed they went out of town, they weren't answering their phone and we were worried. Well long story short they showed up to church. Had a good meeting and felt the spirit strongly and were in tears in the second hour. But they had to leave for the third hour. Keep them in your prayers please. The Aguilar family.

Jorge is doing great! He has been inviting his friends to church, also the Elders Quorum President here took him out and bought him a suit. He was beyond excited and is now wearing that thing all the time I bet. He's hilarious! He is eating up the gospel. Also, pray for Makai, and the Johnson family please, they are dealing with quite a bit right now.

Well, in means of things going on with me, I've been great. I've been really bearing down on myself and making sure I put Heavenly Fathers will before mine. It's so easy to get casual in this work especially when you find a family that's just fantastic like a lot of the people here. But I've found that as we willingly and wantingly submit to what you know is right, you find so many more blessings in your life. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Love you all,
Elder Kendon Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment