Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Letter #35- 3 Nephi 17

April 22nd, 2013

Dear Everyone,

HELLO! This last week I have been burying myself in the scriptures. I realized that I had been slacking on my studies and so I jumped right back into it. I read over 3 Nephi 17 in great detail this last week and it blew me away! I pictured myself there in the crowd. Listening to Christ before he leaves. Not wanting him to go. Better than any movie I have ever watched! It was amazing. I wanted to talk about a few verses in there. Imagine that the past week the savior has been spending time in each of our homes teaching us and serving us. Then Sunday rolls around and it's time for sacrament meeting. The savior is giving a talk he's been telling us all these great things(aka the sermon on the mount). And he says to us over the pulpit, "1 .....Behold, my time is at hand.

 2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.

3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."

.....

And he then looks out at each of us and we are all in tears, because this is our savior. We touched his marks and wet His feet with our tears. And I imagined that he thinks to himself, as he sees the tears rolling down our faces, "I LOVE these people, and I cannot bear to see them weep."

And then he says, "Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.

7 Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.
8 For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you."

He could not bear to leave us with just his words, he wants to bless the sick and afflicted and he heals them and we witness miracles! Every scar, every disease, every infirmity. 
Then he calls to him all the little children, and he goes to the middle of the congregation and waits until every single one of our little children, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, and friends comes to him.
Then we all kneel down and Christ offers a prayer that is so powerful and beautiful that it cannot be spoken or repeated in any form. 
He then tells us to arise and starts to weep, because the power and love that is felt there. He then calls each of the children again to him one by one, and gives each of them a personal blessing. And then tells us to look at the children, "Behold your little ones."

And then a cloud of fire comes down and there are angels standing among us and we just start talking to the angels about Christ and they are feeding us knowledge. Then Christ blesses and gives us the sacrament. I doubt that there are better movies than this mental image that you can summon when reading Christ's words. I doubt there is better literature to read than that of Christ ministries to us and our ancestors. I testify of the truth of the Book of Mormon. There is more power in those pages than you will receive in any other form of entertainment IN YOUR LIFE. I know it because I have felt the power of it. And The Book of Mormon will give you peace of mind, it will help you see things more clearly, and it will be a witness to everyone that reads it that Christ is our savior, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you,
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment