Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Letter #34- Making Goals

April 15, 2013
Dear Everyone,

So lately, I've really been working on making my changes, setting goals, and focusing on the Savior. In my studies I have been taking the Christlike attribute section in Preach My Gospel, and studying them closely. Trying to get a good view on who Christ is, what he teaches, and then how I can be more like him. To help you understand there is a lady that Elder Harris and I just baptized this last weekend. She has had problems with drinking and since the missionaries have come over and started teaching her. Her roommates all attest that she is different. She is happier, deals with her issues in a much more positive manner and has been a more pleasant person to be around. So, I wanted to know how I could do that as a missionary, as a companion and in all the other aspects of my life.

I then went to setting goals. Looking for what things I wanted to be like to attain or just know by the end of my mission. And I figured, life doesn't end there so I went and set goals for every decade all the way until 100 years old. This will help my focus in the future, know that I always have direction. I then said how can the Savior help me to achieve these things. I haven't come up with all the solutions and I imagine that those things will change with time as I continue to grow. But I am loving this. I'm feeling more motivated and happier, I have a greater focus on what I am doing and where I will be. Now I am completely out of time, but I just want to say one more thing. 

We need to have belief that we can change. Not just personally, but us as a family, as a church, as a society, as a world. We don't know peoples circumstances and we don't always know what we can do to help them. But what we do know is that the Savior is the someone that will help everyone. We cannot help anyone without divine assistance. We are literally helpless. I just love Elder Hollands talk this last conference on belief, because though we are all on different planes of belief or knowledge, we can believe in change through our Savior and just keep chugging along. Well I have to go!

I love you,
Elder Hatch





P.S. this might not all make sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment