Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Letter #36- Making Others Strong

May 6th, 2013

Dear Everyone,                                                                                                 



Hey ya'll! So I got a new companion first off, his name is Elder Franco, he's from St. George, UT. He's a way stellar missionary. He was trained by one of my good friends Elder Herrera and he is a semi-native Spanish speaker. He's been out for less time than I have, but he is way good at Spanish, just as good if not better than I am. He's way dedicated and I'm loving being his companion. We are already really unified and he's very good at keeping on task during lessons. His dad is from Colombia and his mom is from Mexico. Way good guy. Honestly I think he's going to be one of my favorite companions. We have another Visa waiter here with us we had one last transfer as well, His name is Elder Gutierrez, He is a really goofy guy and he is learning Spanish, which is pretty funny, all the members make fun of him because I can speak better than he can and I'm white. Some of the members are merciless, but in the best way possible. In means of the new Branch that should be starting here in about 2 to 3 weeks calls are being issued right now! YES! And we have had some awesome little miracles here.



First, There was some sisters in our zone that were talking to a Native American woman. And this woman started talking about her family and said that her grandfathers name was Lemuel. She said it was a family name passed down for generations. The sisters freaked out and showed her the Book of Mormon A.S.A.P. Coincidence, I think not! The Book of Mormon is true people read it!



Then we have been working with a man named Jairo for a long time! He is the brother of an active Spanish member in our ward, Sergio. We went to visit their mother who's name is Enriqueta and we just bore testimony after she gave us some excuses she thought were funny. Turns out they felt the spirit, because they were all at church on Sunday. So then in the middle of Sacrament Sergio wants to bear his testimony, so he goes to Jairo and asks him to translate for him (Sergio can't speak English, Jairo can.) They get up there and Sergio starts bearing his testimony and says, "I want my brother to be baptized and accept the gospel." Now remember Jairo, Sergio's brother has to translate for him, so he just says, "And he wants me to be baptized." Jairo then came up to us afterwards and said I want to be baptized. So he will be baptized this month, we hope, there are some slight issues there. But I'll keep you filled in on them. 



Then we got a call from the same sisters who had the above experience, they said they had someone for us to teach, so we went to teach this person, with the sisters. It was weird, I felt way pressured, but it was a way good lesson, we're going to be seeing him tonight. His name is Luis and he came to church, and sincerely wants to change.



And There is a girl, who I think I talked about Yadira, who has cancer and she is in remission currently. But we had a Cinco de Mayo party on the 4th this last week and she and her grandma, mother, and half sister all came. I know exactly why I am absolutely in love with this family! Holy moly they are great. The grandma wants so bad to come back to church, she is amazing she asked to have us teach her the basics over again (all the investigator lessons). The girl Yadira is in the hair growing back stages so I'm always asking if I can touch her hair, because it's velvety soft. But here is the cool part, her mom Vanessa is not a member. I started talking to Vanessa and she was great very nice person, you could tell she had some things she had to go through in her life and that she was doing the best she could. I sat down and started a conversation with her about church, had she ever been? What she thought? Etc. She then started schpeeling out the details it was good. She had some doubts. I asked if the missionaries could come over and talk to her she said she'd rather they didn't. So I said, "Vanessa, I'm not bragging, but I'm 22 years old, I am out here because I know this is true. I know that this can change your life, and I know that it is going to have a huge affect on your whole entire family. And I promise if you'll just go to this website and read about it, you will find that what we teach is true as well (handed her a Mormon.org card). Here is our number you can give us a call after you've read a little." She sat up straight and smiled at me and said, "Elder Hatch, you have convinced me to look into it. I promise you I'll go and read." 



I also had the chance to bear my testimony this Sunday and I want to do it again. I love you all. I love this work the Lord has given me to do. I know that this is the church of Christ on the earth. No other church comes close to it. No other church can come close to it. We are lead today by Christ and his teachings. Taking part of the atonement of Christ each day is vital for us to continue progressing in this gospel. The atonement is the only way we return to our Father in Heaven. I bear my witness of the Savior, that it is Jesus Christ, that he lived to serve others, suffered to serve and save us, and is living evidence now of our future resurrection. Come unto Christ and perfected in him by using the atonement every day and repenting of your sins. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.







 106 And if any man among you be strong in the Spirit, let him take with him him that is weak, that he may be edified in all meekness, that he may become strong also.

No comments:

Post a Comment